Din Tai Fung Crispy Chicken Cutlet with Special Sauce
How to prepare your Crispy Chicken Cutlet w/ Special Sauce:
- Thaw out the chicken strips in the fridge overnight.
- In a clean deep pan, pour your choice of cooking oil to around 1-2 inches high, or just enough for deep frying. Heat the oil over high heat until the temperature reaches 170C, for around 15-18 minutes. Note: If without a thermometer, dip the end of a wooden spoon or chopstick into oil. If the oil steadily bubbles around the utensil, it should be ready. If bubbling is too vigorous, oil is too hot.
- Deep fry the chicken until the skin is crispy and golden brown, around 5 minutes. If needed, fry in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan.
- Transfer the Chicken Cutlet to a plate lined with tissue to absorb the excess oil.
- Heat the sauce in a pan over medium heat (for around 3 minutes), or in the microwave just until warmed through (for around 45 seconds). Pour onto a clean plate.
- Cut the Chicken into desired pieces and place on top of the sauce and serve hot.